100ml fresh milk
80g SIS Brown Sugar
100g tapioca flour
- Prepare tapioca pearls. In a saucepan, add 60ml of water and 30g SIS Brown Sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add 40g of tapioca starch, mix well.
- While the mixture is hot, add the rest of the tapioca flour and mix until combined. Set aside until cool to touch before proceeding with the next step.
- Take the mixture out of the saucepan on a flat surface and knead into a dough.
- Sprinkle some flour and roll out to about 1.5 cm thick.
- Cut into small squares of 1.5cm by 1.5cm.
- Roll these squares into balls and sprinkle with some tapioca flour to prevent the balls from sticking to each other.
- Cooking the tapioca balls. In a saucepan, boil water and add the balls for around 10 minutes on medium heat and another 10 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat once they float to the water surface. Scoop the balls into an ice bath.
- Prepare the drink. In a saucepan, boil 60ml of water and the remaining 50g of SIS Brown Sugar reduce to a thick syrup. Turn the heat to low and add the pearls, simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the drink. Take 2 spoonfuls of the brown sugar syrup and pearls in a glass, add fresh milk. Stir well before drinking.