125g butter, cubed, room temperature
125g chocolate chips, semi-sweet
150g SIS Brown Sugar
100g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 180°C and line 8” square baking tray with baking paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave oven for 30 seconds. Leave it to cool.
- Whisk butter and SIS Brown Sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla essence, whisk until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Sift flour and salt into the mixture.
- Fold the mixture using a spatula until combined.
- Pour into the lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skewer comes out with moist crumbs clinging from the centre of the brownies.
- Remove from the oven and leave it to cool completely. Cut into bars before serving.