240ml whipping cream
150g SIS Brown Sugar
3 tablespoon corn starch
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon salt
45g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, melt SIS Brown sugar, salt and water over medium-low heat. Heat until bubbling. Swirl the pan around to distribute the heat evenly, then set aside to cool once the sugar has melted.
- In a bowl, whisk milk, corn starch, and egg yolks until smooth.
- Add the milk mixture to the brown sugar mixture and return the pan to heat.
- Whisk constantly until the brown sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Once it begins to boil, remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer.
- Add butter, and vanilla extract and whisk vigorously to get the butter well combined.
- Pour the pudding into serving containers and set in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours before serving.