600g salmon with skin, cut into fillets
2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
½ cup SIS Fine White Sugar
2 teaspoon olive oil
- Combine SIS Fine White Sugar, salt and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Lightly dip to coat the salmon with the sugar mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the salmon with skin side down and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Flip each filet and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Sprinkle the top of the salmon with a teaspoon of additional sugar mixture.
- Place the salmon on to baking tray and into the oven. Cook for 5-10 minutes, check frequently to make sure it is not burning.