Recipe shared by @honeybeesweets.sg
Bakes a 7” / 8” round
Caramelised Apple Layer
2 Granny Smith, peeled & sliced to thin wedges and toss in 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
8 pcs SIS Coconut Sugar Cubes
Coconut sugar sour cream cake
10pcs SIS Coconut Sugar Cubes
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g sour cream
120g cake flour
50g coconut flour (or you can replace it with cake flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Melt butter and coconut sugar together till it starts to caramelise. Pour the mixture into a cake pan that is lined with greased parchment paper.
- Arrange the sliced apples on top of caramelised sugar.
- To make the cake batter, whisk butter, salt with coconut sugar till coconut sugar has melted and the mixture is light and creamy.
- Crack eggs in, one at a time well combined before adding the next egg.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk cake flour, coconut flour (if using) and baking powder until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the butter egg mixture and whisk till combined. Add in all the sour cream and whisk. Finally, the remaining 1/2 of the flour mixture and stir in till combined with a spatula.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Pour the cake batter over the apples. Tap the whole cake pan on the work surface to release air out of the air pockets.
- Pop into the oven to bake for 38-40 mins or till the tester comes out clean. Let it cool for 30 mins before unmoulding.