2½ rolled oats
1/3 cup SIS Brown Sugar
¼ cup honey
¼ cup peanut butter
1 cup almond nuts
¾ cup extra mix-ins, such as dried fruits and nuts
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place rolled oats and almond nuts on the lined baking tin and bake for 8 minutes until slightly golden brown for the extra toasted flavour, and set aside to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, add honey, peanut butter and SIS Brown Sugar and cook over low heat until the peanut butter melts and Brown Sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted nuts, oats and extra mix-in. Add the honey sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- Place the mixture into lined baking tin. Press down the mixture firmly using a rubber spatula to make the bars stick together.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours and remove the bars from the baking tin using the edge of the baking paper.
- Cut into desired shape and size to serve. Store the remaining in an airtight container for up to 10 days.