150g digestive biscuits, crumbs
50g SIS Demerara Sugar
300ml whipping cream
100g SIS Caster Sugar
400g fresh mangoes, cubed
20g gelatin powder
50ml hot water
90ml hot water
7g jelly powder
2 teaspoon SIS Caster Sugar
- Prepare the base. In a saucepan, melt butter at low heat.
- Mix the digestive biscuits crumbs, SIS Demerara Sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of 9-10” greased springform pan, press evenly. Chill in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the mousse. Blend mangoes until puree and set aside. (leave some for the glaze later)
- In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin powder in hot water then add into the mango puree when it is coooled.
- Whisk whipping cream and SIS Caster Sugar until stiff peak using a stand mixer. Add in the mango puree and mix well.
- Pour into the chilled crust. Chill in the fridge at least 4 hours or until it set before serving.
- For the glaze, mix the remaining mango puree, jelly powder and SIS Caster sugar. Pour over the top of the mousse. Chill in fridge for 45 minutes or until it set.