200g plain flour
240g SIS Brown Sugar
¼ baking soda
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
100g butter, room temperature
- Line a round baking tin with baking paper and prepare a steamer with water enough for 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and SIS Brown Sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Sift half of the flour, salt, baking soda into the mixture. Mix well. Add the other half of the flour and mix until no lumps.
- Add in milk, vanilla essence, butter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake pan and place into the steamer when the water boils. Steam for 30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
- Remove the cake from the steamer to cool for 5 minutes before serving.