340g pitted dates
225g plain flour
150g SIS Brown Sugar
150g butter, room temperature
375ml hot water
1 teaspoon baking soda
For Butterscotch Sauce
200g SIS Brown Sugar
225ml heavy cream
80g butter, room temperature
- Prepare the pudding. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the 8″ square baking tray with butter.
- Add dates, hot water and baking soda in a medium bowl. Coarsely mash the dates using a fork and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine dates mixture, butter, eggs and SIS Brown sugar using a stand mixer.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until the skewer come out clean from the center of the tray.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the rack to cool for 10 minutes before turning out on to the serving plate
- Prepare the butterscotch sauce. Add butter and SIS Brown Sugar in small saucepan over low heat, stir until the sugar dissolve. Add cream gradually, keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the pudding with warm sauce.