64g warm water
1 tsp SIS Fine Grain Sugar
1/2 tsp active dried yeast
128g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp orange blossom water (optional)
Sweet Cheese Filling
457g ricotta cheese
57g plain yoghurt
43g SIS Fine Grain Sugar
1/s teaspoon rose water
40g pistachio, ground
- To make the pancakes. In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water with yeast and SIS Fine Grain Sugar.
- Set aside for 10 minutes. Then add milk.
- In the meantime, combine the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour and baking powder into the milk mixture gradually. Add orange blossom water and whisk creating the pancake batter without lumps.
- Set aside the batter for 15 minutes to give the yeast time to activate.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour ⅛ of a cup of batter into the preheated pan and cook on one side until the top surface is no longer shiny and have some bubbles, about 2- 3 minutes.
- Once cooked remove the pancake and cover to prevent it from drying out. Continue with the rest of the batter. Adjust the heat as needed so the bottom part of the pancake doesn't burn.
- Let the pancakes cool slightly, then fold into half circle and seal it by pressing gently on the sides. Leave a small opening for the filling.
- To make the filling, combine all the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- With a small spoon, fill the pancake opening with sweet cheese filling.
- Dip each pancake into some ground pistachios and serve with honey or simple syrup.