225g butter, room temperature
2 cups plain flour
1 cup SIS Demerara Sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and ¾ cup of SIS Demerara Sugar.
- Add salt, vanilla essence and egg yolk, mix until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder until combined.
- Pour out on the working surface dust with flour to knead until dough smooths out. Roll into a log and wrap in plastic food wrap. Chill in the fridge for 4-5 hours or until it firmed up.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the hardened dough into equal slices about 5mm each. Press one side of the sliced dough on a shallow dish with remaining SIS Demerara Sugar. Leave about at least 2 inches apart on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 mins or until light brown on the edges. Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Repeat the process till the slices are finished.